Saturday, July 3, 2010

Homemade Pizza


I decided I would share what I made for dinner last night. I hadn't planned on posting this recipe, but it turned out so yummy I couldn't resist!

Homemade Sauce

6oz Tomato paste
1 cup water
2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Dash of dried Oregano
Dash of dried Basil
1 clove finely minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Combine the tomato paste, water, and oil and mix well. Then add the salt, pepper, Oregano, Basil, garlic and mix. Chill in the refirgerator for at least an hour. This sauce can be prepared up to a day ahead of time.

Note: You may add more water depending on your personal preference for the thickness of the sauce.

Spread the sauce on pizza dough (I used pillsbury, but publix has fresh pizza dough in a bag in the bakery), add cheese and desired toppings. Enjoy!

Bake in the oven according to the instructions on the dough. Mine was 12-17 minutes at 450 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment